Let me tell, whether its facebook re-marketing nor google or any other, they all have a similar concept of re-marketing. Let's say John wants to buy a shoe. He goes on the website, looks at a nice blue shoe, but decides that maybe he doesn't want a shirt right away. So he closed the website, Now what happens is when he visits that Shoe product page a cookie installed on that website for re-marketing. Now when every he surf internet facebook shows the same or similar add of shoes to John. This is called re-marketing or re-marketing of that product.
How do you set up a Facebook remarketing campaign?
Here in this section I will help you and show you how you can set up your facebook re-marketing
To set up remarketing campaigns on Facebook, you need to focus on custom audiences. By setting rules as to who forms your custom audience, you can target your ads towards them.
- Go to your Facebook Interface and choose audiences from the drop down box on the top left corner.
- Click on 'Create Audiences' and choose 'Custom Audience' from the drop down.
- Choose the website traffic option
- Choose how and when your add will trigger for your audience.
- Now, Create a stunning ad for your product/service to go with it and you are all set.
Best Practices of Facebook Remarketing:
- While allocating a monthly budget for Facebook ads, always make sure that you set aside a small percentage for remarketing campaigns
- Remarketing ads should follow the same rules as your regular ads: high-resolution images, clear CTA, and a concise description.
- To make the best of your re-targeting efforts, keep running tests and experiment with your content. This way, you'll know what works best for your business.
- While running dynamic product ads, if you keep adding new products to your business, then you should host the catalog online. That way Facebook can keep updating the database automatically. Manual updates might become time-consuming as well as erroneous.
- Set up mutually exclusive campaigns so that your audiences don't overlap with each other.
- Use your custom audiences to create lookalike audiences to find more similar customers.